- Origin: Arabic فِضَّة
- Meaning: “silver.”
- Gender: female
- Phonetic Pronunciation Standard Arabic: FEED-dah; Spoken Arabic: FEEZ-zah
- IPA: /fidˤ.dˤa/
The name comes directly from the Arabic word فِضَّة (fiddah), meaning “silver”, it is sometimes transliterated as Fizzah.
Another form is Fizziyah فِضِّيَّة, which means “silvery.” Also transliterated as Fiddiyah.
Fizzi فِضِّي is a unisex variation.
It is the same word in Maltese, but spelled Fidda. It is not used as a given-name in Malta, but may hypothetically make a nice Maltese female name since it is already used as a legitimate Arabic female name in other parts of the world.
Other forms include:
- Fidah (Malay)
- Fedha (Swahili)
Other transliterations include: Feda, Fedda, Fedha, Feza, Fezza, Fidda, Fida & Fidha.
- فضة – Wiktionary
- Fizzah – Islamic Name Meaning – Baby Names for Muslims (quranicnames.com)
- Fizziyah – Islamic Name Meaning – Baby Names for Muslims (quranicnames.com)
- Fizzi – Islamic Name Meaning – Baby Names for Muslims (quranicnames.com)
- Meaning, origin and history of the name Fidda – Behind the Name
- Meaning, origin and history of the name Fizza – Behind the Name